Author Topic: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??  (Read 15889 times)

Guillaume

  • Totally Obsessed
  • *****
  • Posts: 1681
Re: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2026, 08:30:27 PM »
Here's NMA playing a concert in front of a huge audience, in Germany, for the "Strange Brotherhood" Tour, in July 1998:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSysbfrKi8&list=RD4uSysbfrKi8&start_radio=1

"Headlights" is still one of my fav NMA songs, for the lyrics and the music, bur unfortunately not often played live these days!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2026, 08:34:46 PM by Guillaume »

Gaijin

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
Re: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2026, 06:21:08 AM »
Here's NMA playing a concert in front of a huge audience, in Germany, for the "Strange Brotherhood" Tour, in July 1998:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSysbfrKi8&list=RD4uSysbfrKi8&start_radio=1

"Headlights" is still one of my fav NMA songs, for the lyrics and the music, bur unfortunately not often played live these days!

Thanks for posting the link to this show.

Many years ago (1998), Peter Zych posted this performance of Before I get Old / WWTG on his site as mp3.

I haven't heard it for many years and have been on the look-out for it for a long time. So great to hear it again - my favourite performance of this medley.  :D

Guillaume

  • Totally Obsessed
  • *****
  • Posts: 1681
Re: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2026, 01:06:03 PM »
This must have been one of the NMA concerts with the biggest crowds; I seem to recall that in one of the interviews for the website, it was said that there were 80,000 people present that night at this free festival for this NMA concert! For the concert opening for David Bowie in Berlin in 1987, there were 50,000 or 60,000 people, if my memory serves me right.

Ragamuffin

  • Obsessed
  • ****
  • Posts: 492
Re: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2026, 08:15:55 AM »
No.

Master Ray

  • Totally Obsessed
  • *****
  • Posts: 9754
  • Keep it going, friends...
Re: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2026, 07:05:39 PM »
No.

Short and to the point, I'm digging it, pal!   :D
... we might still get this Forum back to something like former glories!

huwcamden

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 189
Re: Am I the only one that loves "Strange Brotherhood" album ??
« Reply #35 on: Today at 08:16:57 PM »
Strange brotherhood was an immense album for me..it's my second favourite NMA album and despite the well publicised struggles writing and recording it ( Dave Bloomberg told me the band had actually split up 3 times during those 5 years) the songs absolutely stand up for themselves...No pain..Aimless desire..and Wonderful way to go are an equal to the best of Pink Floyd.. and over the wire is just punk rock mayhem.
I remember my local the Devonshire arms in Camden town playing it back to back all weekend when it came out and the buzz was palpable for a big return ...it didn't work out exactly as it could have done but I still have the memories of a very exciting time when I was young.